Sunday, December 9, 2012

Decoupaged Block Shelves

Well I almost completed the block shelves for my niece. I hope she loves them as much as I do. All I have to do is seal them and they will be good to go.


If anyone is interested in making these block shelves yourself at home, I bought the blocks at my local Micheals Arts and Crafts store. They were fairly cheap. I painted the box with acrylic paint and applied 2 coats to the blocks. 
I used scrapbook paper I had laying around the house for the inside of the box and applied them to the box by using Mod Podge glue Matte (also purchased at Micheals). I cut the paper to fit each side of the box. Make sure you cut the paper to the inside not the outside since the inside is a smaller dimension. Once I cut the paper, I applied the Mod Podge glue to the back of the paper and  put it on one side and used a straight edged tool to remove bubbles and then I applied the glue again to the top of the paper. Apply 2 coats to the outside of paper. 
At the end I carefully applied my ribbon to the outside of the box using Mod Podge glue as well.  I would Mod Podge the whole box to avoid change in the paint color. Add the embellishment of your choice with a glue gun. Once everything is dry, seal with a spray sealer. 

Good Luck! Any questions please contact me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment